Creating a “Greener” Future Together
What can you expect at a CRB and "Living Green Together" Certified Building?
These are just a few of the greener practices you can expect.
- Water efficient toilets, faucets and showerheads in your suite;
- Energy saving lighting in suites and common areas of your building;
- Energy efficient appliances in suites and in laundry facilities, as appliances are replaced;
- Renewed efforts to reduce waste and to increase recycling;
- Building maintenance and housekeeping practices that help ensure healthy indoor air quality;
- Efforts to engage and inform tenants, of ways you can help to ensure a sustainable future for all of us.
Call to Action - Even small changes make a difference
We all have a part to play if we are going to build "greener" apartment communities. Property managers and landlords cannot do it alone.
But changes don't necessarily have to be difficult. Sometimes even small changes can make a difference, particularly when many people carry out small changes together. Are you doing your part?
- By just changing 2 - 100 watt incandescent bulbs used for 3 hours per day to equivalent CFL's, you will save enough energy to run an LCD TV for 3 hours a day for almost 9 months.
- Recycling 1 glass bottle saves enough energy to power a light bulb for 4 hours, a computer for 30 minutes or a television for 20 minutes
- Turning off the tap while brushing your teeth could save as much as 16 litres of water per brushing.
Let us know your ideas about things that can be done to reduce our environmental footprint and to "green" our apartment communities.