Certified Rental Buildings
View All Certified Buildings
Property Managers Training
& Education Course
A key objective of the Certified Rental Building Program is to provide an educational learning environment that enhances the overall knowledge and professionalism of staff across the industry. The Certified Rental Building Property Managers Training & Education Program has been designed to build employee commitment to the Program’ overall objective – “Providing Value to Customers”. The Training course will not only cover the requirements necessary to meet the Program’s Standards of Practice, but more importantly, address how practicing them can translate into improved operations and improved customer servicing. It is only available to employees of Participant’s buildings that have been submitted into the program.
A Mandatory Requirement
Workforce education and industry certification go hand-in-hand in ensuring the “quality of product” and the “quality of service” assurances that differentiate participant’s buildings as a Certified Rental Building. It is mandatory that the management personnel who are responsible for the daily decisions regarding the operations and management of the building attend the course
Management personnel and their employees who are responsible for the decisions impacting the daily operations of building should attend the Program’s Training course. Property Managers should strongly consider sending all employees who have daily contact with their tenants to the course. The more staff familiar with the Program’s Objectives and Standards of Practice the greater the opportunity to deliver on its value and quality commitment to customers.
Duration of the Training
The Certified Rental Building Program Property Managers Training and Education course is approximately 8 hours in length and will be offered in two different session formats – a one-day session or two concurrent half day sessions. All participants who attend the session will be asked to complete a test at the end of the session to ensure a satisfactory level of understanding has been achieved.
Cost of the Training
The cost per employee is $145.00 per participant. Each employee attending the course will receive a copy of the course materials – Program Participant Training Manual and a Sample Forms Booklet. Upon the successful completion of the course each participant will receive an official Certificate of Completion for their records. (Lunch, snacks and refreshments will be supplied)
The base curriculum will address the following:
- Outline each of the Standards of Practice and what each participant must know and understand to apply it in the daily operations of their building(s).
- Demonstrate how practicing each of the Standards of Practice leads to improved revenue opportunities/increased occupancy rates, enhanced quality of product and services offered to customers, increased effectiveness/efficiency of daily operations, etc.
- How to ensure that each of the Standards of Practice is being followed on a consistent basis in their building?
- Provide valuable insight to participants on ways in which they can implement a Standard of Practice in or across their buildings, if it is currently not part of daily business practices.
- What are specific auditing/compliance requirements for each Standard of Practice?